Bai Dianyi Research Fellow
Borin in 1960, graduated from Beijing University and holding a bachelor¡¯s degree in Psychologoy. He is now the deputy chief engineering and reserach fellow of CNIS.
Mainly engaged in: standardization fundamentals and methodology.
From 1982 to 1987, he served as assisstant engineer and assistant to office director at the Fundamentals Office of China Standardization Research Institute. From 1988 to 1999, he worked successively as engineer, senior engineer, deputy office director and director of the standardization office at China Standardization and Information Classification and Coding Institute. From 1999 to 2008, he worked as the researcher and chief of the Sub-Institute of Standardizaiton Theory and Strategy at CNIS. From 2008 to 2010, he worked at the Sub-Institute of Fundamental Standardization as research and the chief, and served as deputy chief engineer and chief researcher of CNIS.
Research Achievements: mainly engaged in standardization researches of raphic symbols and urban orientation, standardization fundamentals and methodology, standardization regulations, standardization theory and strategy, etc., and worked on fundamental standardization and standardization theories and macroscopical studies.
1. He led to establish the ¡°graphic sysmbol standardization system; he first proposed the concept of ¡°urban orientation system¡± and led a team of researchers working on the state level research project to fullfil and perfect such standards system. He has advanced the nationwide application of the graphic sysmbol standards and promoted the popular application of graphic symbols in various industries and public space in large and middle sized cities.
2. He led to establish the ¡°national standards system of standardization working guidelines, guide and writing rules¡± as the first drafter of GB/T 1. He has led researchers to fullfil and perfect relevant standards system and made a lot of efforts in regulating the development of national standards.
3. He as the leader undertook the ¡°studies on China technical standards devleopment strategy¡±, a major task of the national key technological research program during the Tenth Five-Year Plan period, as well as the ¡°standardization generic technological methods studies and standards development¡± during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan period. He is the technical chief and penner of the overall report for the ¡°studies on China technical standards devleopment strategy¡±.
4. He has spent a lot of efforts in studies of standardization laws and regulations, contributing to the legal system for standardization in China.
5. He has completed or guided the completion of over 60 national standards, over 30 projects of MOST and AQSIQ, served as convener of ISO/TC 145/SC 1/WG 5 and participated in development of international standards. He has published ¡°Writing Standards ¡± and two other monographs, and compiled as chief or deputy chief of over 10 books.
2010, GB/T 2893.1¡ª2004 Part 1, second place of the third prize of China Standards Innovation and Contribution Award;
2008, GB/T 1.1¡ª2000¡¢GB/T 1.2¡ª2002, first place of the first prize of China Standards Innovation and Contribution Award;
2008, GB/T 20501.1¡ª2006 and other four standards, first place of the second prize of China Standards Innovation and Contribution Award;
2007, ¡°National technical standards system and key technical standards¡±, tenth place of the first prize of Scientific Development of Inspection and Quarantine by AQSIQ;
2007, ¡°Beijing Technical Standards Strategy Studies and Practice¡±, fourth place of the third prize of Beijing Science and Technology Award;
200, ¡°Standard Graphic Symbol Network Database System¡±, second place of the third prize of Scientific Development of Inspection and Quarantine by AQSIQ;
2006, GB/T 10001.1-.4, second place of the third prize of China Standards Innovation and Contribution Award;
2005, ¡°National Terms, Graphic Symbol Standards System¡±, second place of the second prize of theNational Science and Technology Progress Awards.
2005, GB/T 20000.1-.5, second place of the third prize of Scientific Development of Inspection and Quarantine by AQSIQ;
2001, receiver of the Special Governmental Allowance;
2005, honored as AQSIQ Excellent Young and Middle Aged Experts;
2006, candidate for the state new-century talent program.